Oh The Places We Travel with Donna Payne
A traveling we will go!
Catch a Ride on the new Atlanta Streetcarin Travel
When you think of cold, misty weather, you usually think, let’s stay in! But not this time, let’s go out! That’s what I thought of while planning a trip to downtown Atlanta with a friend! It’s a beautiful evening to go outside and catch a ride on the new Atlanta Streetcar! We dressed for the cold weather and were prepared to walk. Yes, that means, wear a warm hat, sweater, coat and some comfortable boots, maybe a scarf and gloves. Get this; lots of folk were out enjoying the festive lights in our beautiful city, Atlanta.
Taking the streetcar or the horse drawn carriage is a great way to enjoy a fun-filled or romantic or sight-seeing trek around downtown Atlanta. Park your car in a place that you’re familiar with, and then walk to the corner of Centennial Olympic Park and the Waffle house. You can also park near the CNN building on Marietta Street, or near the Georgia Aquarium. Look for the huge colorful Ferris wheel that illuminates the sky because the streetcar stop is just across the way.
The fare is free for a limited time so, don’t wait too late to come on down. The good part is the streetcar runs from Centennial Olympic Park over to the Martin Luther King Jr. Center on Auburn Avenue, and then down on Peachtree Street. From there you get a good look at our thriving city; There are several stops so you can get off & on the Streetcar. It’s Awesome! Check out my list of things to remember when you go out downtown this winter.
- Dress warm, in layers and wear comfortable shoes - you can enjoy yourself in cold weather
- Remember where you parked or take the Marta to CNN, Centennial O Park, Civic Center & then walk
- Know that the Ice Skating rink is open late in Centennial Olympic Park, they play the best music
- Come early to enjoy the lights on the plaza of the World of Coke, Civil Rights Museum, Georgia Aquarium and Centennial Olympic Park
- Stop into the restaurants located near the Streetcar like Johnny Rockets, Ruth’s Chris Steak House, CNN Food court, The Waffle House, Legal Sea Foods, and much much more.
- Remember the Football Hall of Fame Exhibit is also on Marietta Street, which offers more restaurants
So bundle up and travel downtown to catch a ride on the new Atlanta Streetcar, enjoy the scenery and the eateries that downtown has to offer! A traveling we will go, until the next adventure! Live out loud!
Donna J. Payne
aka "The Girl"
Follow me onTwitter & instagram: donnajpayneatl
Last modified on