Leaving nothing to chance, but living life by design.
10 Signs of Mental and Emotional Abusein BlogNobbers
In a monogamous relationship, you commit to one person. That person’s opinion of you is the only one that matters. Fifty guys may tell you that you are beautiful. But, you believe the one who has your heart. If he doesn’t make you feel beautiful, then in your mind, you are not. People who are mentally and emotionally abusive use this power to torment you. They won’t leave you. They just stay there and whittle away at your self-esteem, confidence and dignity. The sad part is, the internal scars manifest themselves in every aspect of your life, causing you to self-destruct. Your abuser doesn’t care and in most cases won’t even notice. Mental and emotional abuse is real. If you are in this situation, please get help.
Here are 10 signs of mental and emotional abuse:
1. Humiliation in front of others or being placed in humiliating situations
2. Communication that is vague and unclear
3. Disregard for opinions, ideas, suggestions, or needs
4. Accusations of being “too sensitive” to avoid addressing the issue
5. Consistently overstepping boundaries and ignoring requests
6. Emotionally distant or emotionally unavailable
7. Lack of empathy or concern
8. Not attentive to the relationship
9. Severe neglect and lack of response
10. Breaks promises and commitments
Last modified on